Diary of a Hot Pink Mama

My crazy rantings about life as a young, single mom just trying to keep my head on straight!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Staying Up Late

It’s 10:36 on a weeknight, and I’m still up. I’m never up this late. I’m that kind of loser that goes to bed early so I can be in tip top shape for work. Except now, I don’t HAVE a job to be in tip top shape for. Ha! Ha Ha! God is soooooooo funny.

In my head I keep telling myself “this is for the best”, “everything happens for a reason” and every other stupid old adage people say to themselves to feel better when something bad happens to them. But the truth is, I loved my job. Really loved it. I loved the people I worked with (well except for two, but nobody’s perfect right?). I liked most of my customers and they liked me. I was good at what I did. I thought I was at least. And then, with no warning, no bad review, no…nothing, it’s just over.

The last time I looked for a job was 3 YEARS ago. I don’t even know where to begin. I have no resume. I don’t know how to begin to put one together. Makes me feel like I’m joining some demented dating site. Please pick me and give me money!! I’m nice and I’m funny and I work hard and I come to work on time and I get along with people and I’m a good salesperson and please please please give me a job because I’m already going crazy and I’m not even officially unemployed yet!!

At least this week I have a birthday party to plan, a cake to order, presents to buy, invitations to mail, things to keep me busy. Things that will keep me from sitting around and obsessing about the fact that I have.no.job.gah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home