Diary of a Hot Pink Mama

My crazy rantings about life as a young, single mom just trying to keep my head on straight!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Santa Clause is coming to town!

What does every single child on earth look forward to around Christmas time?

Seeing Santa of COURSE!!

So naturally, I must take the kidlet to see Santa because he'll sit on his lap and they'll both look at each other and turn and smile for the camera and then he'll tell Santa he wants a puppy and Santa will look at his mommy and say, "uh...your mommy looks like she has her hands full, why don't we send her on vacation? Won't that be more fun than a puppy?" And the kidlet will say "YEAH!" and I'll be magically transported to the Bahamas, and I'll be a size 2 again, and I'll have no stretch marks, and I'll have a cabana boy.

Yeah, and then I woke up.

It was bring your puppy to see Santa night. I totally didn't know that. So the WHOLE FREAKING TIME we're in line, the kidlet's like "puppy mama, puppy!" "I puppy". We finally get to the front of the line, and I introduce him to Santa, sit him on Santa's lap, and...let the meltdown begin...

SCREAMING SCREAMING SCREAMING!!! While I'm dancing around like an idiot saying "Oh honey, Santa is so great!! We love Santa don't we?" Fast forward 1 minute, and Santa's holding him at arms length, and the little workers are looking at me like my child is a Christmas ruiner, and the girl says "Do you want a picture of him screaming?" like please learn to control your child lady.

I laugh all crazy and say, "no...that's all right," and go rescue the kidlet from Santa's lap. Kidlet promptly turns around, smiles at Santa and says "Thank you!"

At least he has good manners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home