Diary of a Hot Pink Mama

My crazy rantings about life as a young, single mom just trying to keep my head on straight!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

Some days you’re the windshield, and some days you’re the bug! Some days, your child loves you more than anything in the world. They want nothing but to be next to you, cuddle and kiss you. They do everything you ask when you ask them. They eat their vegetables and go to bed on time. Sometimes, they even give you five seconds to unwind by yourself. Maybe watch a TV show you like or drink a cup of coffee in silence.

Then there are days like today. Days where you can do nothing right to please them. They won’t eat their dinner and they throw these horrendous tantrums where you expect CPS to come knocking on the door at any moment because your neighbors must think you’re beating the tar out of them!!! Days where they dissolve into tears every time you so much as look at them the wrong way, and frankly, by the end of the day you are in tears as well!!

Today, we’re having a bad day. A very bad day. And just when I was almost positive that I couldn’t take anymore, he wrapped his arms around me, kissed my nose and re-transformed into the angel that I know and love with all of my heart. Leaving me to feel guilty for ever being upset at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home